Through NSTA, you’ll find leading resources for excellence in teaching and learning and experience growth through robust professional development. Plus you’ll meet colleagues across all science disciplines, all grade bands and teaching stages, from the newest teacher to the veteran administrator, who share a passion for science education.
Everybody talks about STEM initiatives, but is anybody doing them effectively? This book’s answer is a resounding yes! It tells the inside stories of 24 science, technology, engineering, and mathematics programs that both connect with the Next Generation Science Standards and lead to successful student learning.
The featured programs make it clear that STEM education can work for all age levels and in a variety of settings—traditional classrooms, charter and magnet schools, informal education programs, and after-school and summer activities. A look at the chapter titles shows you the broad range of STEM-related subjects:
• STEM Starters: An Effective Model for Elementary Teachers and Students
• STEMRAYS: After-School STEM Research Clubs
• Urban STEM: Watch It Grow!
• Mission Biotech: Using Technology to Support Learner Engagement in STEM
• Mixed-Reality Labs: Combining Sensors and Simulations to Improve STEM Education
• A State STEM Initiative Takes Root and Blossoms
• Developing STEM Site-Based Teacher and Administrator Leadership
Whether you’re a teacher seeking fresh ideas, an administrator eager to learn what other schools do, or a district science coordinator charged with making professional development more effective, this creative collection offers the information and inspiration you need to make your own STEM programs exemplary.
$23.96 - Nonmembers